The Microspectra 121 Gem™ microspectrometer is designed for quality and counterfeit analysis of gemstones and minerals. It incorporates the latest technological advances in optics, spectroscopy and software to deliver the best performance microspectroscopy. It is easy to use yet able to non-destructively measure even sub-micron sized features of gemstones and minerals. As such, the Microspectra 121 Forensic™ represents a giant leap forward in forensic UV-visible-NIR microspectroscopy and gemstone analysis.
The Microspectra 121 Gem™ microspectrophotometer combines the latest technologies to allow the user to measure UV-visible-NIR range transmission, absorbance, reflectance and fluorescence spectra with sampling areas as small as one micron. And this can all be done with the same instrument! Additionally, the gemstones and minerals can be viewed simultaneously during microspectral data acquisition. This allows the user to visually and spectroscopically locate and analyze their stones.
The Microspectra 121 Gem™ microspectrophotometer is simple to use, the measurements are non-destructive and the spectral data is unmatched.
The Microspectra 121 Gem™ Microspectrometer can take spectra and images from the deep ultraviolet to near infrared with one seamless operation. It can acquire microspectra and images in absorbance, reflectance, and fluorescence. The microspectrometer is offered with both the DirecVu™ to view samples by eye as well as with a high resolution UV-visible-NIR digital imaging system. Manual and automated configurations are available as are such options as hotstages. The lit blue base and lit hexagonal optical head are both trademarks of CRAIC Technologies, Inc.
- Gemstone Identification
- Vitrinite Coal
- Oil Shales
- Fluid Inclusions
- Deep UV to NIR microspectroscopy
- Deep UV to NIR imaging
- Integrated TE cooled array detector for low noise and long term stability
- Ultraviolet-visible-NIR spectra in one shot... No changing optics!
- Transmission, reflectance, fluorescence, and polarization spectroscopy of microscopic samples...all with the same microspectrometer
- Variable measurement areas down to sub-micron
- Superior image both with eyepieces and digital imaging
- Easy to use and maintain
- Hardware including automation and specialized analysis packages
- Software including specialized data analysis, databasing and imaging.